A rewarding way to get involved and obtain experience in the field of Instructional Technology is to apply for a Graduate Assistantship (GA). Graduate Assistants in the Department of Instructional Technology primarily work on Institute for Interactive Technologies projects for corporate, government and education clients. Additionally they assist in the department computer lab providing supervision and assistance to other graduate students and visitors.
Examples of recent GA projects include:
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape
- Discovery Machines
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare (DPW) Staff Development
- MSIT Department Marketing
- CAC Organization
- MSIT Website
Hours and Pay
Assistantships are either “half-time” which require 20 hours of work each week or “quarter-time” which require 10 hours of work each week. Both types of assistantships carry a partial tuition waiver. In addition, half-time graduate assistants receive a stipend of $2,224 for the semester while quarter-time graduate assistants receive a $1,112 stipend for the semester. Summer stipends are $867.
How to apply for a GA:
- Complete the Graduate Assistant Application (Acrobat Reader required).
- Submit the completed form in the department office.