Office: 207 Sutliff Hall
Dr. Timothy L. Phillips
Chairperson, Department of Instructional Technology
Director, Institute for Interactive Technologies
Professor of Instructional Technology
Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
Dr. Timothy L. Phillips expertise includes instructional design, project management, elearning, and instructional robotics. He has been teaching instructional technology at the university level for 23 years and has presented papers and workshops at numerous state and national conferences. He presents and consults on providing and managing instructional technology solutions. As part of his role with the Institute for Interactive Technologies, Dr. Phillips provides leadership for instructional technology projects for corporate, healthcare and state government clients amounting that has amounted in over three million dollars in revenues. Some of the clients he has worked with include, the PA Department of Public Welfare, Kellogg’s, Black and Decker, Bristol Myers Squibb, Thermal Product Solutions, Rieter Automotive Carpet, Geisinger Medical Center, and the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape.
57.551 Advanced Instructional Design
- Kapp, K. M., & Phillips, T. L. (Winter 2003) Teaching the Business of Instructional Technology: A Collaborative Corporate/Academic Partnership, TechTrends, Vol. 47, Issue 1. pp. 46-51
- Kapp, K. M., Phillips, T. L., Wanner, J. H. (First Quarter 2002) A Problem-based Learning Model for Teaching the Instructional Design Business Acquisition Process, Performance Improvement Quarterly, Vol. 15, 25-46
- Kapp, K. M. & Phillips, T. L. ( 2001). Building a Profitable Corporate Advisory Council., Journal of Interactive Instructional Development, pp32-35.
- Nicholson, M.J. & Philips, T. Best Practices for Social Networking Tools and Collaborative Learning. Accepted for the 26th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching and Learning, Madison, WI, August 2010
- Phillips, T.L. (2009, March), Providing a Collaborative Learning Environment for Online Student Teams to Work with Corporate Partners. 14th Annual Instructional Technology Conference, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN
- Byers, C., Phillips, T., Nicholson, M. (June 2008). Games to Facilitate Learning. National Education Computing Conference (NECC), San Antonio, TX
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)