You must complete an application for Graduate Studies through Bloomsburg University’s School of Graduate Studies and pay the required application fee. In addition to the basic application form the following application packet has to be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies. Read more.
This application packet consists of:
- official transcripts from your undergraduate and graduate studies
- 3 letters of reference written within 2 years from professional sources that address your ability to be successful in graduate studies
- a personal goal statement explaining your background experiences and how our program will match your professional career goals
- a vitae or resume
What should I include in my personal goal statement?
The personal goal statement is an opportunity for you to exhibit your communication and writing skills and also show a “best match” between your career goals and our program.
- Describe your background, prior experiences, and your professional career goals
- Describe how the Instructional Technology program fits and supports your professional career goals
- Explain why you would like to be accepted into the program
- 1 – 2 pages in length; professional writing style
Are there any specific requirements for my reference letters?
- The reference letter must be written on company or organization letterhead, dated, and signed.
- Letters should state who the author of the letter is, how they know you, and for how long.
- Letters should be written within the past 2 years.
- Note: Letters from family and friends are not considered professional sources.